top of page

The Party Wall Act.

As well as Architectural Design services we also provide Party Wall services. 

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 covers three distinct types of work; alterations to party structures (usually walls but may also be floors), the construction of new walls at the boundary and excavation close to neighbouring properties.

Where work falls within the scope of the Act it is necessary for a building owner to serve notice and obtain the affected adjoining owner’s consent; if that consent is not forthcoming the parties are deemed to be ‘in dispute’ under the Act and surveyors must be appointed so that the dispute can be resolved by way of a Party Wall Agreement. 

studio: MASS can help ensure that everything runs smoothly - so if you are planning on undertaking work that falls within the scope of the Act or have received a notice informing you of proposed works that may affect your property then please contact us for some advice or download our information leaflet.

Green Balconies
bottom of page